Since moving to Florida in January, I have certainly noticed some fairly bad habits have been cropping up in my daily routine. Probably because of the stresses of moving and trying to get settled half way around the world, I have let my fitness routine fall apart, and have been indulging in more than my fair share of pizza, pastries, fast food, and chocolate. While I am aware that this is not altogether strange behavior (moving is rough, guys) I am ready to break the cycle and do something about my bad choices.
Of course, it will be much easier to get my butt to the gym if I have the perfect awesome and geeky apparel to workout in. So, I decided to take today to share some of my favorite Fashionably Nerdy workout styles from around the web! I have not actually tried any of these clothes myself, and I know how important comfort is in gym clothes. As I acquire some of these looks, I promise I will return with full reviews.
- Stride Fitness Apparel: Training to be Dauntless Women’s Tank – I only watched the movie Divergent a few months ago, though I must admit that I was really intrigued by the storyline. I am actually going to be starting the book this week (I am currently finishing the Harry Potter Series again for the millionth time). I would love to own this awesome workout tank that was inspired by the Divergent series, written by Veronica Roth. I think I would feel as fierce as Tris rocking this shirt while lifting, or even just jogging through town.
- Stride Fitness Apparel: I Run Because the Nothing in Coming Unisex Tank – Who doesn’t love the NeverEnding Story? It was certainly a huge part of my childhood (It actually came out the year I was born)! This was probably one of the first fantasy stories I ever fell in love with and I watched it over and over and over again. I remember watching the movie again with my husband, shortly after we started dating because he loved it so much as well. I picked this shirt with him in mind, but since this tank is Unisex, we could happily wear a matched set to our next husband and wife workout session (though we probably won’t)!
- Think Geek: Boldly Go Capri Yoga Pants – This has got to be the essential piece of workout apparel for any Star Trek Fan. Aside from the fact that I think the artwork on them is actually gorgeous, the have the USS Enterprise NCC-1701 on the right leg set among glittering stars and the back reads: Boldly Go! I also love that they are capri length. It means I could wear them in the Florida heat for all workouts, not just yoga (which I really don’t care for).
- Look Human: Boldly Go Women’s Tank – Obviously I had to make a full outfit out of those awesome pants! This Boldly Go workout tank is even the right color palate and it features the same message. I would buy the tanktop, but the website does offer other styles of this same design, including a sweatshirt option!
- Activate Apparel: Run Like The Doctor Just Told You To – I’m pretty sure I only ever stared running in the first place was because I wanted to be ready when The Doctor came to find me. I might as well go ahead and snag this women’s tank so everyone else knows, too. Maybe it will make it easier for him to find me? I’m hoping for ten, but I wouldn’t say no to a single one of his reincarnations! This design has other color and style options as well (I like the teal but there are so many choices), and men and women sizes are available.
- The Wordy Owl (Etsy Shop): His and Hers Beauty and the Beast Shirts – These workout shirts are just too cute not to feature. Beauty and the Beast will always remain one of my favorite Disney movies, and this etsy seller gives the buyer almost total freedom to design the perfect set of shirts. There are options for colors as well as styles. I love the tank top, but I’m sure my husband would be more comfortable in sleeves. Women can even choose to order theirs on the men’s shirt if that is what they prefer. That ability to customize is actually one of the things we love so much about smaller designers and etsy shops!
Check out all these awesome shops yourself, and tell us what your favorite designs are! Would you be more likely to workout if you could rock your favorite fandom in athletic appropriate clothing?